- Italian is coming along slowly [read: it's not]
- I've been assigned my Romanian again.
- Hungarian is also inactive
- Someone told me they wanted to learn Persian with me, but I'm not holding my breath
- Showed off at Turkish again this weekend
- Russian is arguably taking a backburner
- German is as lively as ever
- Still don't' like Cambodian or Esperanto…
- Starting the cramming with Chinese and Japanese
Language stuff has been busy lately, and it's just too bad I can't devote my time and energy into ONE (or a few) things. Hungarian is NOT a serious endeavor (yet), and my Asian languages are only temporary (unless I fall in love with them there). Sunday before the Superbowl, I drank a golly good coffee and read a Persian newspaper at Starbucks. It was enjoyable. I was also across the street from a Steinway showroom, and the only thing keeping me from heading over there was the Superbowl (and my not so vibrant interest in Steinway).
Speaking of which, there are like nine or ten some odd people that I've talked to that now want tickets to see her when she comes to town. I'm hoping she plays at some sweet venue and not at Bob's Big Carnival Saloon. Symphony Hall would be nice again. We'll see.
I don't have that much to say right now. I was going to do that concert analysis that Affie did, but I'm just not feeling it at the moment. However, I close with a combination of a few things discussed above, for those of you that watched the Superbowl and followed a few of the links above… or want to see her live. Enjoy. (I'm actually surprised at how good this is.)
(also check out my new email signature that I decided to leave on this email, just for those of you that don't get it all the time anyway)
With best regards
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
С наилучшими пожеланиями