I made a smoothie today for breakfast, and although the components may not sound appealing all together, they worked out really well. Started with a banana (I hate bananas), a handful of frozen blueberries, some strawberries, a cup of strawberry/banana yogurt, a little honey, and orange juice to mix. I added a few ice cubes, but those contribute neither any flavor nor nutritional value. It was delicious. Only problem is, I’m freezing my tookus off (how does one spell tookus? Tuckus doesn’t cut it, but tookus is too Dutch).
I have almost finished packing, but will completely un- and re-pack before Sunday. I have decided to remove a few things and add some others, etc. and this will aid me in being more aware of how everything fits anyway. So, as a shoutout to H’n’B, whom I called in a sedated nervous breakdown:
1. Everything now fits in the security pouch when I take out the $50.
2. Weight limit was bogus. LF assured me its closer to 40 lbs.
3. I’ll be buying a suitcase of some sort in Hong Kong and will be checking luggage on the way home. Good thing I won’t be getting a suit made until the last city on our trip so I’m not schlepping that along.
Pleased with how everything fits. Extra pair of shoes was going to be a worry, but I managed them. All seems to be going well, and I think I’m finally coming to the realization that I’m going to Asia. Last minute to-dos:
1. razor blades (for shaving)
2. deodorant (trying to hunt down something in particular)
3. a few more spandex/non-cotton items
4. (Not an errand) camera battery charger should be arriving today.
5. One last load of laundry
6. deciding on what actual book(s) I’m going to read
I’ve got a short-list, but realized that although the list is based on that top-100 thing I love to read by, most of them are early 20th century soap opera womanhood love stories… We’ll see… I’ve gotta come up with something….