Two things right now:
1) Dust covers. This is widely known and explanation of WHY is entirely unneeded.
2) PEOPLE LEAVING MUSIC on their Answering machine as the "Please Leave a Message" message instead of A REAL MESSAGE.
If I had wanted to hear your crappy music (which is made exponentially crappier by the fact that you held your phone so close to the speaker that I actually heard it cry for help, thus making any prayer of actual sound quality entirely hopeless) I would have spent [wasted] money to buy the music, not call you. Have some dignity; be proud of who you are and at least pretend to show the tiniest bit of professionality. I'm also afraid that you are worried why you don't get any voicemails, and if you do, why they have the smallest [most obvious] overtone of disdain or displeasure; please realize that I called to speak to you. There are a series of disappointments here, and by the time we get to the proverbial beep (the place where I'm supposed to begin speaking) I am so let down that I don't care to discuss it at length right now.
1) I called and it rang more than a few times, which leads to
2) You actually not answering at all, which is disappointing because I have something to say, and realize now that this will not be resolved. That leads to
3) The overwhelming sensation that a voicemail is in my midst, only compounded by
4) Your horrible [stupid and childish] music begins playing in my ear instead of your message, or even the nice woman that Cingular has hired to give the song'n'dance about leaving a voicemail or paging the recipient.
I then hope and pray that you will return my call lest we rinse and repeat tomorrow...